Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to delete Microsoft office.?

• Please log in to reply

banjodeano

banjodeano

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hiya Guys,

I have microsoft office 2007 on my windows 7 laptop, it came with this free limited version that is practically useless, i installed a bogus copy of office 2003 a couple of years ago, and it had been working fine, until now, but for some reason, when i open a a document, it opens it in the limited 2007 version that allows me to do.......absolutely nothing, i have tried to delete the 2007 version, and it says the file cannot be found huh.gif

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi :welcome:

Try this How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2007 suites

banjodeano

banjodeano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Thanks for the welcome and the help Sleepydude. :geek:

i have run that program and it has deleted the 2007 version but now when i try to open a document, it says...there was a problem sending the command to the program, any ideas what i need to do  :oops:

Thanks

Edit....just realised when i try to open the document it will not open, but when i open my office 2003 to write a new document, it gives me the options to open the saved documents that i have tried to open....and indeed does allow me to open them...(scratches head)

Edited by banjodeano, 20 March 2015 - 05:54 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

Now you need to restore the file associations to the Office 2003 programs.

Open Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program or Programs and Features if in Classic View, locate Office 2003 on the list right click on the entry and select Repair.

banjodeano

banjodeano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi,

Now you need to restore the file associations to the Office 2003 programs.

Open Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program or Programs and Features if in Classic View, locate Office 2003 on the list right click on the entry and select Repair.

Thanks Sleepydude, i have done that and it still has the problem, if i open and choose to open the document with word,  it always asks me if i want to allow the programe to make changes to the computor, and i click yes and it doesnt open..or if i just click open it comes all jumbled....but as before, if i open word, and choose the option to open another document, it does it fine.........

Thanks....

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

Let's try another method...

- open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
- go to the Office 2003 folder where winword.exe is located by typing:

cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11"

- If the command was executed properly the prompt will change to ...\OFFICE11>
- type the following command:

winword /regserver

Try to open a word document and tell me if it works now.

Note: If your windows is 64 bits change "C:\Program Files\..." to "C:\Program Files (x86)\..."

banjodeano

banjodeano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Thanks for the help Sleepydude...

I tried that and it didnt work...

it said "not recognised as an internal or external command operable or batch file, and then the system can not find the specified path

Thanks

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

it said "not recognised as an internal or external command operable or batch file, and then the system can not find the specified path

Thanks

In what command? Please be more specific.

Eventually you may need to adjust the file paths if Office 2003 isn't installed on the default location.

banjodeano

banjodeano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

i type ....cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11" and click enter............. and get the reply "the system can not find the specified path".........and then i type winword /regserver,,,,clik enter and get the reply....not recognised as an internal or external command operable or batch file......

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

i type ....cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11" and click enter............. and get the reply "the system can not find the specified path".........and then i type winword /regserver,,,,clik enter and get the reply....not recognised as an internal or external command operable or batch file......

Ok. Is your system 32 or 64 bits?

Can you use the windows search function to locate winword.exe and post the complete folder path for the file?

Advertisements

banjodeano

banjodeano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Ok. Is your system 32 or 64 bits?

Can you use the windows search function to locate winword.exe and post the complete folder path for the file?

its a system 32, but sorry i dont know how to find the folder path.....i am not very good with a pc, sorry

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

its a system 32, but sorry i dont know how to find the folder path.....i am not very good with a pc, sorry

No problem. We can use some tools to help.

Download SystemLook from one of the links below according to your OS Architecture and save it to your Desktop.
SystemLook (32-bit)

• Double-click SystemLook/SystemLook_x64 to run it.
  • Accept the prompt Allow the program to make changes to this computer (UAC prompt)
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
    :filefind
    winword.exe

• Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.

Note: The log can be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

banjodeano

banjodeano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 19:02 on 21/03/2015 by staples21
Administrator - Elevation successful
WARNING: SystemLook running under WOW64. Use SystemLook_x64 for accurate results.

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "winword.exe"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE --a---- 12317848 bytes [19:45 19/03/2014] [19:45 19/03/2014] 4ADB31B7C88BBBBB6203968E6C2CBDA1
C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\9040110900063D11C8EF10054038389C\11.0.5614\WINWORD.EXE -ra---- 12037688 bytes [12:24 06/08/2003] [12:24 06/08/2003] 1EEA7DD2F1EA6EFEF380B99A90228D2F
C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\9040110900063D11C8EF10054038389C\11.0.8173\WINWORD.EXE -ra---- 12310368 bytes [12:37 31/05/2007] [12:37 31/05/2007] 443747857245BF90847AE396C53470A6

-= EOF =-

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

Based on the report your system is 64 bits :) Now the exact instructions...

- open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
- go to the Office 2003 folder where winword.exe is located by typing:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\"

- If the command was executed properly the prompt will change to ...\OFFICE11>
- type the following command:

winword /regserver

Try to open a word document and tell me if it works now.

Tip: Inside the command prompt if you start typing a file or folder name and press the TAB key windows will try to fill the name for you...

banjodeano

banjodeano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Thanks for all the help sleepydude...it changes to office11

i then paste this in ............winword /regserver......................but nothing happens, and document will not open again

Thanks