Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows reboots multiple times

• Please log in to reply

xrollerchimpx

xrollerchimpx

• Pip
  • 9 posts
most of the time when i reboot my computer for that fresh smooth feeling of a rebooted system..windows will load up until it shows my background picture (before the bottom start menu bar + clock etc shows at the bottom of the screen) and then it'll reboot and go thu the scandisk and eventually reboot again....it's happening so much that i just randomly smash the keyboard out of anger and it eventually loads up after 3-5 reboots...it's driving me nuts i've re-installed windows multiple times in the past month and i'm completely sick of it...i've run ad-aware 6.0, spybot sd, various reg cleaners, symantec online scan, panda active scan and there's nothing showing on my computer with those scans...and i also KNOW there is something wrong with my winsock yet i have no idea what to do about it (it's video game related, valve's steam program won't load due to a winsock error - and they've been contacted to help solve my problem with that error) but that's off topic anyhow...right now these multiple reboots need to end because i can't keep re-installing windows it wastes too much of my time...

Advertisements

xrollerchimpx

xrollerchimpx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok i seriously need help with this...i've tried every spyware/virus scanning programs i can find, i fixed my winsock (somehow i have no idea how) but i'm still getting multiple reboots, the only way i can stop the computer from rebooting is by pushing the F10 button like 100 times while it's booting....it's pretty frustrating :tazz: