Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 shutdown and BSOD

• Please log in to reply

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
It has shut down again and will not start. When I hit the power button it beeps four times, the power light stays on but nothing comes up on the screen. Earlier today a screen came up allowing me to restore to a previous time. I did that (thanks to you for having me set that point). It seemed to run fine for a short time then it started having a lot of static with static lines running horizontal across the monitor. At that point the curser disappeared and the computer would not respond to anything. I hit the power button and now I get the four beeps and nothing else. BTW, this is being sent from my cell...

Advertisements

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
It will no longer start up at all. Dropped it off with a local guru. Will post the results when I get it back.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

The error beeps indicate a hardware as opposed to software issue, hopefully the tech will have it back to you in no time, good luck and please do keep us posted.

NB: Those software problems need to be looked at and possibly by the malware removal experts where Web Companion is concerned, see here for as to why

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

It had four viruses in it and he cleaned other non used items that came from the factory. So far, so good. I will get back in a few days to verify. Thanks so much for helping!!!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:thumbsup: