Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless adapter not showing

• Please log in to reply

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts

Hi,

My wireless adapter is not showing in device manager or under 'Network Connections'

I am currently using Ethernet, it was fine today then just started my laptop and wireless is gone.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15R 7250

Thanks

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi ali.B :)

If you go in the Device Manager and click on the View menu, then select Show hidden devices, does it appears after? If so, what's the status, Enabled or Disabled? Is there an error code on the device?

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts

Hi,

thanks for the help, it was showing as a hidden device with error code 45, I had to disassemble the laptop and tighten the wiring, its fine now.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
That's good to know ali, wasn't expecting less from a MRT! ;)

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi zoky34, this issue has been solved since April 3rd, I suggest you to read all the posts before posting in a thread to not post in one that is already solved :)