Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burned USB drive... bad motherboard?

• Please log in to reply

Waffa

Waffa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello
I have an question about USB Flash stick.
My 512 USB stick heated up a lot every time i used it (actually i used it only 3-4 times). On different computers it did not head up as much. So yesterday i leave my stick to the computer all night long & in da morning my drive did not work anymore (mine & neither in any other computer) & i believe i smelled even a little burning. Something similar happened whit my friend 256MB stick some moths ago. I just got my mother board (Soyo Sy-P4VGA) changed - could it be that something got connected wrong on mother board & that's why it burned out? I know the front USB is connected to the motherboard manually Or could the problem be the software or stick by himself? The stick worked well before whit other computers thought...
Have You guys heard something like that before? How could i test if my USB is connected correctly?

Advertisements