Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo Director 5 and 6 - whats the difference please?

• Please log in to reply

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi I hope this is the right forum.

I'm a bit fed up because I have bought Photo Director 5 at the photography show, I haven't opened the box yet but I've now discovered that the software has been superseded by Photo Director 6. I have also now been told I could have got it free from Practical photography, which I didn't know about.

I thought I was getting a bargain, well I guess not.
:headscratch:

Can anyone tell me if there is much difference between version five and six please?

If there is, I'll buy the newer version and sell the unboxed one.

progress.gif

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

AuraTodd,

All have to do is go to Cyberlink's site  http://www.cyberlink.../new_en_US.html

Tells you what's new in this version. Read yours can compare them.

Believe your fine with older version, sometimes added things in the newer versions, extra utilities, any bug fixes found from previous versions, compatibility issues with newer operating systems,similar way with most newer versions of software.

Should not be a big concern. Do not know Operating system using it on.

This compares different versions of PhotoDirector 6 http://www.cyberlink...ison_en_US.html

Rating of Version 5 http://www.pcmag.com...,2388721,00.asp

Just need to do a little research on internet, get all answers you need. Now this is not the best Photo Program out there, but this matters to your needs for one, how much willing to spend on one.

Edited by jds63, 08 April 2015 - 02:38 PM.

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I'm using windows 7.  I would have got DXO Optics pro 10 but it was too expensive.  I might get version 6 and sell version five.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

I'm using windows 7.  I would have got DXO Optics pro 10 but it was too expensive.  I might get version 6 and sell version five.

That is your choice and decision to make, sure for version 5 on Win 7 is just fine. Better Photo Programs out there then Cyberlink too, some by Adobe. All by what you are using them for exactly to spend more.

Edited by jds63, 09 April 2015 - 05:31 PM.