Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my sony laptop not booting

• Please log in to reply

NK sharma

NK sharma

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Last night I shut down my laptop normally and it was working fine. Today when I tried to start my laptop it shows vaio screen than blank screen with curser after it goes black than again vaio screen appears and all sequences repeat continuously. I don't no what happened suddenly and how it can be resolved.

Advertisements

Elton yu

Elton yu

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Did it have any strange beeping or sounds or anything?
Any bumbs,collisions or falls recently?
How old is the device please

NK sharma

NK sharma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I bought it in sept. 2011. SONY model: PCG-71811W, PRODUCT NAME: VPCEH25EN.

No falling or any bumbs .

No beeping or any sounds, just VAIO screen for second then screen with courser for second and black screen for second and the whole process continuous again & again without any beeping or sound. I tried to reboot it by removing battery and then pressing 'ON ' button for 30-45 seconds and try to restart after placing the battery but not succeeded. 

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

NK Sharma,

When you switch ON your Laptop, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and
keep tapping the F8 key)

Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration"

Hopefully have a system restore point before this issue occurred, if not do you have a Windows Operating disk ?