Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 64 Bit Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply

FXRStuarty

FXRStuarty

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Have a problem with WMP.

When I insert a CD a small pop-up window appears and it plays (first track is I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash) but it shows the wrong CD cover & title and also displays the wrong track title (Thats Amore).

If I open the main Windows Media Player prog to see all the music in the list, genre etc, it doesnt show the content of the cd I have inserted. It does however play the songs that are on the cd.

In the attached pic, Track 1 should be I Walk The Line by Johnny Cash. Not Thats Amore by Dean Martin (Nowt rong with ol' Dean but I'm in a Country Music and Johnny Cash mood :D )

Whats going on and how do I fix it?

Grateful for any help that is available.

Attached Thumbnails

• WMP.jpg

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello FXRStuarty,

There could be some corrupt files associated with WMP.  Open the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library.

If the troubleshooter didn't fix the problem, click here to see how to manually edit track information.

I hope this helps.

FXRStuarty

FXRStuarty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Hello FXRStuarty,

There could be some corrupt files associated with WMP.  Open the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library.

If the troubleshooter didn't fix the problem, click here to see how to manually edit track information.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your response.

I did as you directed and searched for troubleshooter.

The attached pic shows the outcome.

I "applied this fix" and then got another message so I clicked on Explore additional options. The result of that is in Pic 2

What should I do now?

Grateful for more guidance.

Attached Thumbnails

• WMP Corruption Screen Dump.jpg
  • WMP Corruption Screen Dump 2.jpg

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Try the fix suggested here: http://answers.micro...67-79b60c237734

FXRStuarty

FXRStuarty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the fix suggested however an error message came up saying it couldnt find the info.

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the fix suggested however an error message came up saying it couldnt find the info.

At which step did that message came up?

FXRStuarty

FXRStuarty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
As soon as the search was completed.

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

As soon as the search was completed.

There isn't any instructions to search for anything.

When typing %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player into the start (maybe that won't work for Windows 8, so you could type it into the Windows Explorer address bar) it gotta open a folder named Media Player.