Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

psu cpu fans slowly spins after replacing my friends motherboard

• Please log in to reply

biggie420

biggie420

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello i have this problem when changed this old friends mother board in my pc the cpu fan and psu fan spins slowly and kidna like stops and then runs but pc wont boot up sry for my grammar and english.

Advertisements

biggie420

biggie420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

any help please?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   biggie420,

Please provide information about the hardware, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Tip

Please do not reply to your own OP or last reply as it may lead to your request for help being overlooked, staff and members who assist on the forums will always check out a topic that has not received any replies to see if they are able to help, if you reply to your own OP it will appear to others viewing the board that you have received a reply and so are already being helped.

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

biggie420

biggie420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Motherboard(MSI): MS-7235 VER: 2.1 P965 Neo2(this is the motherboard what i get from my friend all other items are from this pc )

RAM: 1gbx2 DDR2 PCe-6400 400mhz

PSU: Power Rebel- 325w-450w idk wich w is switched

Video card: Asus HD 5450 512mb GDDR3 32bit

CPU: core 2 duo e4500 2.20ghz

Edited by biggie420, 14 April 2015 - 04:27 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Polite reminder;

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

What are the brand and model name or number of the PSU and is it known to be in good working order.

What I noted from your hardware list;

The PCI - E x 2.1 video card is not compatible with the MB, from the MB specs here "PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant)" also worth reading is the Newegg feedback here provided by ASUS;

Pros: None

Cons: When inserted into my MSI K9AGM, the computer does not POST. It never beeps, and the display never comes up. Using another PCIE card works fine.

Manufacturer Response:

Dear Valued Customer,

I believe this card uses a PCIe 2.1 adapter which may have problems in the PCIe 1.0 slot on the motherboard. Please try using your other PCIe card to download and install the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then try to use this 5450. If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected] (ref#1043-1606). Thank you.

Regards,
Jeremy
ASUS Customer Loyalty

biggie420

biggie420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

PSU brand name is Power Rebel- numer is RBS450BQ3-3 ATX(its working right now on this pc), so the video card coused the psu and cpu fan slowly spinning and no boot up?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I will no longer receive notifications of your replies until you have clicked on the "Follow this topic" tab.

biggie420

biggie420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

ok i did click follow

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
so the video card coused the psu and cpu fan slowly spinning and no boot up?

At the moment that is the only explanation, from your OP  "i have this problem when changed this old friends mother board in my pc" this suggests that your friends MB will not work with your known to be working hardware that is listed below;

RAM: 1gbx2 DDR2 PCe-6400 400mhz
PSU: Power Rebel- 325w-450w idk wich w is switched
Video card: Asus HD 5450 512mb GDDR3 32bit
CPU: core 2 duo e4500 2.20ghz

Can you post the brand and model name or number of your own MB that your hardware was previously working with.

biggie420

biggie420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

MS-7255 (v2.X) Mainboard(this my MB and all this ram , psu. cpu, video card,works on this MB), Chipset- P4900/CN896/VN896/PT890

Edited by biggie420, 14 April 2015 - 05:37 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Based on your update the problem is one of two things, as mentioned earlier the PCI-E slot is not compatible with the Asus HD 5450 or your friends MB is bad.

Where did your friend get the board from, have they ever had it working and what is the purpose of trying your hardware with your friends MB.

BTW, as your hardware is all working I would suggest that you keep it away from your friends MB else you could end up with your own hardware being damaged.

biggie420

biggie420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Okay thanks for ur help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Where did your friend get the board from, have they ever had it working and what is the purpose of trying your hardware with your friends MB.

biggie420

biggie420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

cuz my MB don`t support quad core and 4 ram slots i may get that mb to pc store so proffs take look at it (it works he was using before he buyed new one) maybe the video card coused the problem idk what to do now...

Edited by biggie420, 14 April 2015 - 07:17 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
 i may get that mb to pc store so proffs take look at it 

Good idea but trying an older add on video card if you can borrow one would also help.

maybe the video card coused the problem idk what to do now...

The MB was working and you know that the video card works so an incompatibility issue between the MB and video card does look likely.