Where can I find a driver for the motherboard speaker for a Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P motherboard? Devce manager says there are no drivers installed for this device. Motherboard is silent on boot up, no beep codes. Thank you, puddytat70
need driver for motherboard speaker (Resolved)no beep code on boot up
Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:01 AM
There is no driver for the system speaker, it does not have one. Because it is listed in Device Manager, the OS just thinks there should be a driver.
If you look in your MB manual, you usually find the System Speaker listed and shown as 4 pins on the case front panel header.
If you do not see something like this installed, http://www.cwc-group.com/casp.html you will not hear any beeps that are controlled and generated by the BIOS.
Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:20 PM
Just a heads up iammykyl
From the OPs previous thread here
I have never had this problem before, the PC always functioned normally with beep code when booting up, this silence on boot up has never happened before and I always use the same routine.
Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:14 PM
Let me clear this up a little, I recently had to re-install windows xp because of some other problem. Thee motherboard speaker was working before the re-install of the os, beeped each time on start-up. After this last re-install of the os, it went silent, however the PC boots up and runs normally otherwise. Thanks for the input. puddytat70
Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:13 PM
Please try the following,
- Open Device Manager
- In Device Manager, click View and select "Show hidden devices". This should make "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" visible in Device Manager.
- Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers by clicking the plus and double-click Beep.
- Within the "Beep properties" window, click the General tab, under Device usage, use this device, (enabled)
- click the Driver tab. Under the driver tab, current status, Started.
- Under the driver tab, startup type, System.
- Click OK,
- close all open windows and restart the computer,
Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:05 PM
Been a while since we heard from you. have you resolved your issue? An update would be appreciated.
Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:19 AM
Issue is solved/closed no further need to reply to this post/subject.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users