Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Problems - Please Help...

• Please log in to reply

HyDekar

HyDekar

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hey all!

I was setting up an older computer, which I am currently using, and I think there's something wrong with the display.
Everything seems strangely blurry. I've tried playing with the contrast and brightness, but I can't fix it.
HDWARE Details:

S3 Inc. Trio3D - Display Driver Onboard
IBM Monitor, I'm not sure what model, don't know how to find out - using Default Monitor drivers.

Is there something else I can try?

Thanks

Advertisements

HyDekar

HyDekar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Just to update, by the looks of it, the 'fuzzyness' and blurryness only happens in Windows. When loading drives, bios, and loading windows, everything is as clear as day, but as soon as Windows is loaded, agh...

I've tried changing resolutions and colour modes. I currently have it on 32bit colour and 1024x768 resolution.

I'm going to try another monitor, then if that doesn't work, a pci graphics card... I'll keep you updated...

I appreciate any help you can give.

EDIT:
Just plugged in the other monitor... As clear as day! So maybe it is a problem with the monitor... Just to make sure, I'll look at putting another graphics card and trying it with the other monitor.
Unfortunately, I can't use this monitor for the computer I'm using, I have to either get the blurry one working, or buy a new one. Of course you can guess my first preference there ;)

EDIT 2:
Deffinitely the monitor... Just plugged it into my other computer, same old story of blurryness... Perhaps the monitor is just wrecked and I need a new one?

By looking around, I've found out that maybe it could be the fact that I don't have the official drivers for the monitor?
I've found out that the monitor is
IBM 2235-00S
Which deffinitely doesn't help... I've tried searching for drivers for this monitor, but no such luck... Could anyone help? ;) :tazz:

Thanks again!

Edited by HyDekar, 14 June 2005 - 06:49 AM.