Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying photos to a CD

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Using a Dell desktop with XP, I want to free up space on the hard drive of a Dell desktop with XP by copying all my photos to a CD and then deleting them from the hard drive. Most of the photos are JPG.

Using the XP search facility I searched for *.jpg  and got a long list of hits.

• Most of the hits are shown in black but many are shown in blue, some in black and blue. – What does the blue signify?

• Many of the hits are “canned” icons and logos that appear to be are part of  XP. Is there a way I can eliminate copying those to the CD?

• Some of my photos are from Instagram. – What is the extension for those?

Thanks. ... batpark

Advertisements

Gaddafi

Gaddafi

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

This might be kind of offtopic reply, but if you want to backup your images, I would suggest you do that on Flickr, Facebook, imgur, Google Drive or on some of this websites that are kinda alternatives to Flickr: http://alternativeto...oftware/flickr/

Also, if I am not wrong, Instagram images are also .jpg.

Edited by Gaddafi, 22 April 2015 - 02:34 PM.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Gaddafi: Good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. ...batpark