Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Boss is using Outlook Express. His Inbox.dbx file corrupted. How to

Best Answer simsonmazar , 25 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

It may be possible to fix the problem using these steps: Open Outlook Express Click "Local Folders" in the left side navigation Select New Folder and name it TEMP If possible move all of the e... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

saleemhares

saleemhares

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My Boss is using Outlook Express. 

His Inbox.dbx file got corrupted. 
How to retrieve? Any free tool is available or by using Outlook Express can be retrieve?
Does Microsoft give any solution?

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi saleemhares :)

I don't have much experience with Outlook Express, but I took a quick look around and it seems that it's a common issue to have its inbox.dbx file corrupted. Apparently, there's a special tool that was created specially to recover information from it. You'll find more information (and a link to that tool) in the following Microsoft thread.

https://answers.micr...c3-89086f9f097c

simsonmazar

simsonmazar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
✓  Best Answer

It may be possible to fix the problem using these steps: 

1. Open Outlook Express
  2. Click "Local Folders" in the left side navigation
  3. Select New Folder and name it TEMP
  4. If possible move all of the email from your Inbox to the TEMP folder
  5. Go to menu bar and select Tools -> Options -> Maintenance -> Store Folder and then write down the location of your inbox
  6. Close Outlook Express
  7. Use My Computer to go to the location is step 5 and then delete the file inbox.dbx
  8. Open Outlook Express - The Inbox folder should be auto recreated.
  9. Move your email from the TEMP folder back to your Inbox
  10. Launch professional recovery software for corrupt .dbx files https://www.repairto...ressrepair.htmlOutlook Express Repair Toolbox

AlicePhoebe

AlicePhoebe

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

When you delete an email in an email program, it is usually moved to a Deleted Items folder (as in Outlook Express) or similar. The Deleted Items folder is like a Recycle Bin for emails, and gives you a chance of restoring messages deleted in haste or in error. 

Recovering deleted emails requires different tools  needed to recover deleted files. Individual emails are not stored as separate files by most email programs. Usually, an entire mail folder such as your Inbox is one single file. Each mail folder used by your email program is a database file that contains all the emails. In the case of Microsoft Outlook the database file (PST file, for Personal STorage) also contains other data, such as your contacts and appointments.

EaseUS Email Recovery Wizard is an advanced tool to recover lost and deleted emails, folders, calendars, appointments, meeting requests, contacts, tasks, task requests, journals, notes and attachments from corrupted .pst file