Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed a Seagate Hybrid drive (ST1000DX001) in my HP Envy PC but I

• Please log in to reply

ra12rick

ra12rick

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Installed a Seagate Hybrid drive (ST1000Dx001) in my HP Envy Desktop but I don't see it in File Explorer.  It does show up in Device Mgr.  The drive did not come with an installation disc or any install guide.  Do I need to do something to install this drive?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

No you don't need to do anything different to install the Hybrid drive. Did you check if the disk is detected by the BIOS?

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

Does it say anything in the device manager? You said it shows up, but is it listed as working? It is possible that you might have to create a filesystem on it, but normally that is already done.

ra12rick

ra12rick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I don't know how to check the BIOS.   And it listed as working in Device manager.  How would I create a filesystem if I can't see it in Explorer?

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

What version of the OS are you running?

I am not running Windoze right now, but there is the disk manager which shows all of the drives and the filesystems. If it is working and does not have a filesystem on it, it should show up there and you can select to create a filesystem and/or create a partition, then create a filesystem.