Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some help

• Please log in to reply

MrPhilippos

MrPhilippos

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi all,recently i noticed that my computer is doing like a bulldozer when i play cs:go,also when i touch the surface on top it is hot.
I have:
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
8,0GB RAM
Can you help me guys? :unsure:
I removed the side cover and it got a lot better but i can still hear the noise and it is also less hot on the surface now,but this is a temporary fix.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

MrPhilippos,

Is this meaning you are hearing the fans inside the case running fast while playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive ? Game if correct does not require a lot to run.Happen with software or any other time using the PC ?

Not good to leave the case open as it will change the airflow. Could be an issue with the Video card or dust and dirt accumulation in case causing overheating. Fan not working, not enough fans or poorly ventilated area PC is in.

Since do have case open, check if AMD cards fan is working and any other fans. When did this exactly start happening ,did you change anything, add something ?

MrPhilippos

MrPhilippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

All the fans are working,actually it was happening from the very start.When running cs:go my pc uses like 30%ram and 15%cpu.Do you think i should change the whole case,or the fan?

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

All the fans are working,actually it was happening from the very start.When running cs:go my pc uses like 30%ram and 15%cpu.Do you think i should change the whole case,or the fan?

Happening from very start means, even without running this game ? I am no sure of exact PC model and make i can not suggest anything yet about it. Fans are running fast without you doing much, most likely be an issue due to inproper ventilation and or dust, dirt build up. CPU % and RAM % during game not a lot.

MrPhilippos

MrPhilippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Happening from very start means, even without running this game ? I am no sure of exact PC model and make i can not suggest anything yet about it. Fans are running fast without you doing much, most likely be an issue due to inproper ventilation and or dust, dirt build up. CPU % and RAM % during game not a lot.

By that i mean that from the first day that i played cs go i had this thing happening.Inproper ventilation?Do i need to replace the hardware parts?Should i buy a new case?More spacious?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Is the computer a Dell/HP or similar? give model>   If a custom build, give case brand/model.   How many case fans are installed?

MrPhilippos

MrPhilippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Gday.

Is the computer a Dell/HP or similar? give model>   If a custom build, give case brand/model.   How many case fans are installed?

I don't know the model,i mean it doesn't have any brand name on it,i can see 3 fans in total.

I am using this case http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B005QNZO0C

Do you want me to take a picture of the "inside"?I have removed the side cover so it's easy for me to do so.

Edited by MrPhilippos, 05 May 2015 - 05:53 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

From the image on this page, > http://www.nix.ru/in...111367&pid=2256

and the specs on this page, > http://nixpro.by/pro...-4-6pin_111367/

The case looks OK, but It only has 80mm fans, ideally they should be replaced with 120mm ones.

As jds63 mentioned, dirt and dust can cause overheating, is the case clean inside, if not get a can of compressed air and blow out the case, take care to keep the can upright.

Please download/install  Speedfan so we can look at your temps,  http://www.majorgeek...s/speedfan.html

Start Speedfan and min to tray.   play a game for about ten minutes, leave the game running and restore speedfan, > take a screenshot and upload with your next reply. 

Preferred method  to upload a file or image to G2G. 

First, > click the More Reply Options, (bottom right next to the blue reply button.)  > Type in your text.

If the file or image already exists, > Click Choose file... (bottom left) or see the next part to capture an image.

In the window that opens, > Browse to the file or image you want to upload, > Click the file/image you want, wait for confirmation at bottom left, 

Repeat if you have more files/images to upload, > When finished, > click Reply button.

To capture and post a screenshot; Instruction are for anyone who is unsure of the steps.. 

With the image you want displayed on the screen.
> Hold down the ALT key and Press the PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side of the keyboard.   (nothing appears to happen, but the image is copied to the Clipboard.)

> Click on start...all programs...accessories, > click paint.

In the window that opens, >  left click in the white area, then > Hold down CTRL and press V. 

On the top menu, > click File > click Save as, Be sure to save as jpeg,...otherwise it may be to big to upload,

save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing.  

MrPhilippos

MrPhilippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

This is the speedfan results,i placed the side cover back before i did the scan,so i guess with the side cover removed it could get  a bit better.

Attached Thumbnails

• Speedfan.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the info.

Speedfan not doing a great job of interpreting the sensors, shows one fan running at 74 rpm.   temps showing high but not excessive. so download and run the correct OS version of HWinfo, (go full screen when taking a pic) > http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Please inspect the MB for the brand and model. 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

It's been a while since we hear from you.   Do you still need help?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

MrPhilippos

MrPhilippos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi,sorry for not replying,i wish computer problems were the only problems right now.I am planning to  buy one bigger fan and will let you know if it gets better,i hope that this will solve it.Thanks for all the help !  :laughing:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Not a problem,  :thumbsup: