Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Hme Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

bokgobalik

bokgobalik

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have been trying to upgrade a 1.5Ghz. 512 Mb 80Gb HD system with 98 SE installed.
I can install the upgrade and get just past the xp splash screen when the blue screen
pops up with the unmounable boot volume appears. What can I do to finish the install ?

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
hi,
boot from the windows xp cd. then when you get the screen that says "welcome to setup" press r. then type "chkdsk /p" (without quotes) then hit enter. when thats done type "fixboot" (again without quotes) and hit enter. then type "y" and click enter ( again again without quotes) then type "exit"(for the last time no "") ;). and if that dont work i got another way to do it. :tazz:

Bobthemailman ;)