Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keeps getting dropped out from the net- Request timed out

• Please log in to reply

MALwareFighter

MALwareFighter

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

I am experiencing an issue whereby my computer keeps dropping me from the internet and it's driving me mad! :headscratch:

Let me elaborate on the issue a bit more. This happens 2 days before where all of a sudden, my internet went down. Thinking it's a problem with the router and the isp, I reset it, but it doesn't work. Thinking that it's a problem with the isp, I tried my other devices and surprisingly it went well which led me to believe that all is well( Spoilers: It's not).  

Once I went back to the computer, I found out to my dismay that my internet is working, but in a very slow kind of way and it seems to drop me out of the network at random intervals. Suspecting that it could be a trojan or some nasties, I ran a scan with both malwarebytes and AVAST and both come out empty! Assuming that there might be some malwares that for some coincidence couldn' t be detected with my scanner, I have installed a seperate partition on my computer and reinstall the OS and once again(as there are some valuable information there that makes me unable to reformat it) the same problem occured again.

I have done a tracert on google.com and here is the result of the most recent one:

Tracing route to google.com[74.125.68.139] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1208ms 1438ms * router.asus.com[192.168.1.1]

2 * * * Request timed out

And from there, if I am lucky, it would probably be near the gateway of my ISP before it timed out on me again. After 1 or 2 tracerts, an error "Unable to resolve target system name google.com" would come up.

I have tried as many methods as possible, such as flushing the dns, clearing the winsock, resetting the ip, doing a firmware update on the router as well as a driver update to the Wireless adapter but alas, it was all in vain. As a last resort, I am turning to you guys for help in this before I lose my sanity! :smashcomp:

I am running windows 7 64 bit ultimate, the network adapter that I am using is a Asus PCE-AC68 and the router I am using is an ASUS RT-N56U.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post of mine and I will be looking forward to whatever valuable insight you guys might have on this matter.

Edited by MALwareFighter, 05 May 2015 - 11:00 AM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Download the Net Adapter Repair All In One Please use this direct link

Save the application to your desktop,  right click and run as administrator.

Note: Your ethernet cable must be plugged in during this process!!

Click the Advanced repair.

sWXKRBM.png

• Click OK at the prompt to continue.
  • The program will need to reboot your machine, allow it to do so.
  • Check your issue.
  • If the issue still persist re-open (as administrator) the tool, check all boxes in the picture below.

rgoQl1n.png

Click Run All Selected.

Any prompts like the one below, select All Network Adapters.

LeQsE0q.png

Once you are prompted to restart the do so.

tuD0mCA.png

Check your issue. report back.

Please download [b]MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size