Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening offline files as non-administrator

• Please log in to reply

sunejdk

sunejdk

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Dear everybody.

Sometime ago, when there was only one user (administrator) on my computer, I created off-line files folder, to be synchronized with the corresponding folder on the network at work. And it worked fine. Later however, I created some other users, and for some reason these users are unable to open the off-line files, even though I can view the contents of the directories. When I tried to open documents, I get error messages like "failed to open a document" or "could not find the file". I did try to log in as administrator and check the properties of the off-line folder (using the desktop shortcut), and the relevant user does have full control. It still works of fine from the administrator account. Also, the other users have administrator privileges.
Does anybody have some good ideas how to fix this?
Cheers, Sune.

Edited by sunejdk, 13 June 2005 - 01:23 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Are the files encrypted? If so, they'll only be accessible to the user that created them.

sunejdk

sunejdk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No, they're not encrypted....

Sune