Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deadmanswitch

• Please log in to reply

Professional Customer

Professional Customer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I'm looking for a dead man switch program. I've Google 'dead man switch' and found countless discussions that cover either encrypting data or securely deleting data. I'm not interested in either of these topics. What I am looking for is a program that will allow me to send an e-mail message to at least two different e-mails if  the countdown timer in the program is not reset.

I downloaded the following program but cannot seem to get the e-mail section to work. If anyone can figure it out I would  appreciated it.

http://www.pcworld.c...n-s-switch.html

Otherwise, any direction to another similar program would be greatly appreciated. I do know there are a couple of websites that do what I'm looking for but I'm not interested in using a website, I want a program on my computer.

Please do not devolve this thread into another discussion about encryption or secure deletion. Create your own thread for either of those topics. This topic I'm only interested in being able to send e-mails as mentioned above.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Task Scheduler and Blat.

Professional Customer

Professional Customer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Sorry, I keep forgetting where I've posted. Gotta get more organized.

Thanks SpywareDr. Guess I'll have to sit down and figure out how to use Blat.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You're welcome.