Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with ATI Radeon 9800 XT

• Please log in to reply

maxwell-18-uk

maxwell-18-uk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi im having a problem with my computer at the moment my computer restarts randomly and when i look at the event log this is what i get....

Event Type: Information
Event Source: ACEEventLogSource
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 12/06/2005
Time: 15:11:33
User: N/A
Computer: PAULMAXWELL
Description:
0000000001: 2005-06-12 15:11:33:187 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.LOG.Foundation.Service.Service::UnPublish processID:03068 threadID:(CLIDashboard ) domainName:(cli.exe ) assemblyName:(LOG.Foundation.Service, Version=1.2.1958.42103, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
************************************************************************************************************************

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

I hope you can help me with this as ive tried most of the things i can think of.

Advertisements

merlin811

merlin811

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
here is the like to the latest drivers for your card.

https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27

istall the newest drivers and that should help considerably.

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Please post the complete specs on your systems mainly the psu, mobo, processor, ram, devices, and tempature of the grafx card gpu and cpu temp. extra [bleep] is always welcome.

maxwell-18-uk

maxwell-18-uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wel my computer specs are:

3GHz Pentium 4 with HT

Intel D865PERL motherboard

1536MB DDR400 SIMM Memory (2x 256MB 2x 512MB)

ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB (Built by ATI)

650 Watt PSU

120GB IDE Hard Drive

200GB SATA 150 Hard Drive

The average cpu temp is 40 idle but under load it goes upto 60. As for the GPU temp i have no idea but i think thw cooling fan on the card is faulty coz it is making alot of noise.