Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fix error 1907 cannot register font

• Please log in to reply

Philphollower

Philphollower

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK, here's the beef: I didn't have System Restore on -- I know, stupid to start. I ran Norton's SystemWorks 2003 and allowed it to repair what it thought were registry errors. But when it was done, my Word XP document icons (including RTF files) were all switched to WordPad. When I try to open Word, after a looong time of waiting I get error 1907, and it tells me to go to Office Setup and run "Repair." But my computer came with Office pre-installed, and so there is no CD available to complete the repair. Eventually Word starts anyway, but not without considerable delay. Though I can open the document eventually from within Word, Word won't save it as a Word document, no matter what extension I put on it: it always goes to the WordPad icon, and WordPad opens it first. Now the Control Panel>Folders>File Types menu does agree that .doc and .rtf are to be opened by Word -- but Word doesn't seem to get it.

Error 1907 won't specify which font it can't open, so that doesn't particularly help, either. Even simple documents with nothing but Arial or Century Schoolbook won't open cleanly.

This is my second most frequently-used program ... your thoughts are most welcome.

Phil

Advertisements