Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battery power station...?

• Please log in to reply

Powerup60

Powerup60

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm working in an office that doesn't have power to my desk.... don't ask. Anyway.... so they're looking to buy large charging stations they can put at each desk and charge at night.... Google is useless. Advice? Thanks!

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

I have not really heard of anything, but you can make things, such as using UPS batteries and an inverter to power devices. You could also just use the batteries, but typically you would have to deal with the voltage difference.

It seems to me that it would be cheaper to run power to the desk, from the ceiling. You can also run power cords using the floor protectors, although it can still be a tripping risk.

Other than that, can you be more specific. Are you talking about something which they move around? Or run power cords to it? What needs to be powered?