Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No modem details after reformatting

• Please log in to reply

Cardie

Cardie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have formatted my pc and installed win98 SE . I have installed all other programmes, however when connecting to internet it stated there was no modem!!! Well, it came with a modem and seems to have been eaten :tazz:

To get online I entered device manager and clicked on a Standard 56000 bps K56flex modem. This has worked however I am having all sorts of problems and its obviously incorrect.

I printed off on Belaric Advisor prior to formatting and in the communications area it has "Existing Ndis2 Driver" ..is this my modem driver? and if so, how do I install one and where on earth do I put it..this is a new area for me and have been trying to sort it out for a couple of days and am slowly loosing the will to live.......
please help ;)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If Belarc does not list anything for the modem in network then get Everest Home

http://www.lavalys.c...ang=en&pageid=1

Click + next to computer then summary to look at network, which should name the modem so you can download drivers

Cardie

Cardie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Keith

I appreciate your reply and I have downloaded and found the listed modem as follows

Modem Standard 56000 bps K56Flex Modem

However, this is just the one I picked from device manager to get me online and with this I am having problems.

Thanks for your assistance

Cardie

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is it an internal modem, is there a v90 driver option

You can look here if you can attach a name to it

http://www.modemhelp.org/drivers.html

Edited by Keith, 15 June 2005 - 05:47 AM.