Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI relay interface card

Best Answer WillieBinCT , 06 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

Oh well. I guess this topic can now be considered "closed". Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

WillieBinCT

WillieBinCT

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello, fellow Geeks. This is my first post! This looks like a great Forum, and I look forward to poking my nose in now and then. :)

Now, to my question...

I have some older, but still useful 16-bit relay cards. 3 of them are ISA, and one is PCI. They feature 16 relays controlled by the computer, and they have 16 digital inputs. The ISA cards use DIP switches to set their base addresses, and the PCI is PNP.

The model numbers are:

PCI-PDISO16 (PCI)

CIO-PDISO16 (ISA)

I was wondering if anyone has more info or has written any code that can be used to access these cards... I'm familiar with GWBASIC (yes, I'm a fossil) ;) but have just started to delve into working with AutoIt scripting language. It appears that "Peek" and "Poke" don't access either the PCI or ISA. (I tried different DEF SEG and also INP and OUT. That was all no good, so GWBASIC is out.)

I just need some means to read the status signals (two bytes) and turn the relays on or off (also two bytes). Naturally, some kind of simple interface to turn the individual bits into "buttons" and "lights" on the screen would be a plus. Does anyone have some ideas or code snippets I could look at that could get me going in the right direction? :)

Thanks! :)

Willie...

Advertisements

WillieBinCT

WillieBinCT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I was afraid of this... (silence = nobody knows.) :(

WillieBinCT

WillieBinCT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

How about a little rephrasing... :)

I would like to address hardware registers at $0300 and $0301 in the ISA address space, or $A800 in PCI.

I cannot do so in GWBASIC, so I would like to try with the AutoIt scripting language.

Suggestions? Ideas? Code snippets? :)

Willie...

WillieBinCT

WillieBinCT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
✓  Best Answer

Oh well. I guess this topic can now be considered "closed". :(