Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant internet hiccups?

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

So out of the blue today the internet on my PC keeps cutting out, approx. twice a minute on average, for only a couple seconds at a time.  I've restarted my PC, restarted the router, and changed which router port I'm plugged into.  When I switch ports it's fine for a few minutes but then starts up again.  My roommate is having NO issues like I am whatsoever.  I just finished scanning my PC with Avast! & Spybot, and both say that my system is clean.  I literally have no idea why this is happening......

Advertisements

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Here's my results from speedtest.net

4414386185.png

And here's my roommates result from the same site.  

4414384452.png

Were both on the same router of course, and no matter what port we are connected to, we have the same extremely different download speeds.  I'm starting to think maybe the ISP is throttling my IP address' download bandwidth?

Edited by GhostLoad, 06 June 2015 - 06:34 PM.