Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cloning results in no USB3 devices

samsung SSD cloning

• Please log in to reply

aldrake

aldrake

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I recently started buying Samsung SSDs to replace all my Crucial brand. I built another new system that has been functioning fine until adding a pair of Samsung 850 EVO. I periodically clone the System drive for backup but this time when I do so I get a working copy but I no longer have access to the external USB devices like USB stick and USB3 drives(ssds). The mouse and keyboard work. I see in device manage that I have a driver problem. I try to update but the ones installed are fine. I uninstall and reboot but nothing fixes this issue. I move the system drive(source) and try cloning to another SSD(destination) using another computer but still the same results. I have tried many applications like Macrium and others that have worked for me in the past but still not giving desired results.

This almost seems to be a Samsung issue. I've been searching for a fix but nothing so far. Any one with any ideas?

Thanks.

Al.

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Out of interest if you still have a working Crucial SSD have you tried a clone to that? If it does work OK then you have hit the nail on the head with it being a possible Samsung issue.

For the record, I have also cloned my system to a Crucial; SSD with no problem found, and also for backup purposes cloned to a Seagate ordinary mechanical drive, again after checking it no problems found.

I also use Macrium.

Nev.

aldrake

aldrake

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Out of interest if you still have a working Crucial SSD have you tried a clone to that? If it does work OK then you have hit the nail on the head with it being a possible Samsung issue.

For the record, I have also cloned my system to a Crucial; SSD with no problem found, and also for backup purposes cloned to a Seagate ordinary mechanical drive, again after checking it no problems found.

I also use Macrium.

Nev.

I don't have a backup of the install on a Crucial SSD. At this point I'm considering a reinstall. I've found no one else with this problem or a possible fix.

Al.