Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netgear CM500 Modem to Linksys WRT54G

• Please log in to reply

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Doesn't look like it. Attachement

Advertisements

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Here's what i have.

Attached Thumbnails

• Router.JPG

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Sorry.. How do i reset the router ? i pressed the button on the back for 30 sec, wait until all powered up on front of router then connect to computer.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

unplug the power from the router, hold in that reset button, while still holding the button plug the router in. keep holding the reset button for 10-15 seconds after you plug it in. then let go of the button

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Thanks for your help dsenette i just bought a Netgear router and it's hooked up now.

I had already reset the Linksys router multiple times and based on the info i Attached to you I think it's dead or someone more knoweledgeable than me would need to work on it since Linksys removed the software pages to SELL MORE ROUTERS !. Infinite amount of data storage in the CYBER WORLD but they can't keep those pages up ? ... but they want to sell ROUTERs so I bought a NETGEAR and I'll just add Linksys to my list of NEVER TO PURCHASE AGAIN ! List is getting longer.

Thanks