Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluescreen problems!

Best Answer phillpower2 , 10 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Hello Shawnty, If you do not install the MBs chipset drivers first you will have problems installing other drivers and suffer stability issues such as this. MB chipset drivers below;... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Shawnty

Shawnty

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello!

So since ive formatted my HDD and reinstalled windows ive had some problems with bluescreen. It have occured 3 times, all of which were when i tabbed out of Counter-Strike GO. When it happends screen just freezes with stripes running horisontally over my screen and after a few seconds i get a Blue Screen.

Looked at another thread where they wanted the info below, so ill throw that in aswell.

Here is my speccy:

http://speccy.pirifo...aC2BfxhJktHAu2H

Also uploaded the Minidumps.

/Shawnty

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   Shawnty,

After the format and reinstallation of Windows did you reinstall the drivers for the MB and starting with the chipset drivers first.

I strongly suggest that asap you install Windows 7 Sp1 and a good free AV software such as MSE or Avast so as to protect yourself from malware infection.

Got to pop out for a while but will check the dump files on my return and get back to you.

Shawnty

Shawnty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi Phillpower2, no i dont think i started with the motherboard. The only MB drivers i have is for sound and lan.  Im installing SP as we speak!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello Shawnty,

If you do not install the MBs chipset drivers first you will have problems installing other drivers and suffer stability issues such as this.

MB chipset drivers below;

Chipset Version Size Date Download Here Intel INF installation
64bit,Windows 7 
9.1.2.1007 1.19 MB 2010/04/29 Asia China America EuropeEurope(Russia) : FTP / Http

RE your crash dumps, various causes are possible atm due to the drivers being messed up and Windows not updated but in two out of the three dumps MBAM has had problems loading part of which is mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control) again this could be due to an incorrect driver configuration and the problems that MBAM is having may also be corrected along the way.

Suggested steps were;

1: Install Windows 7 Sp1 and all other important Windows updates.

2: Install a free AV software.

Can I now add as step 3: installing the MBs chipset drivers and then letting us know how things are going.

Shawnty

Shawnty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ive done step 1 and 3, will download an AV soon.

http://speccy.pirifo...wstcaF2nGEy4Hi0Is my new speccy.

Unless anything new pops up ill not respond here anymore. A BIG thank you to you phillpower2 for taking the time to help me... and hopefully we will not see each other again! ;)

Bye!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

You are welcome Shawnty and thanks for the update  :thumbsup: