Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player Coruption

• Please log in to reply

regf798

regf798

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
After many months of using Windows Media Player 10 without any problems, I cannot open the media player. When I click on the icon, the bar shows up in the task bar, and the audio starts to play, however, the view portion does not open. I can minimize the viewer into the taskbar, and control the audio settings, but when I hit restore or maximize nothing happens. I tried uninstalling WMP10, but it just rolled it back to WMP9, and it has the same problems. What can I do?

Advertisements

merlin811

merlin811

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Have you gone to microsoft update page yet to scan your computer for updates?

Edited by merlin811, 13 June 2005 - 09:20 PM.

regf798

regf798

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The only update they want me to install is WMP 10, but I was hoping to completly uninstall all WMP prior to re-installing WMP 10. Right now, when I tried to remove WMP10, it just rolled back to WMP9 and still has the same problem. What do you think?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Here is what I would do. Reinstall wmp 9, which automatically chooses the "reinstall all mode", whereas wmp seems to try to attempt a repair.

get it here

http://www.oldversio...ogram.php?n=wmp

Then install wmp10

If that fails, it is likely not a wmp issue, but a winxp issue where wmp cannot integrate properly with your installation. A windows repair would be a good option at that point.

regf798

regf798

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
If it comes to it, how would I do a Windows Repair?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm