Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Try opening up BF2

• Please log in to reply

MadTXn

MadTXn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When i Try to opening up BF2 i goes to a black screen and flashs twice and goes back to windows

System Requirements:
- Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
with 128 Mb of RAM
!!!!!!!My Computer!!!!!!!!
CPU:1.8 Ghz
RAM:512 Mb
Video Card:NVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 with 128 of Ram

Advertisements

peaves

peaves

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm assuming this is the demo for BF2. When you install the demo, it asks you if you want to update your NVIDIA card, make sure you do that or they said it'll have severe problems playing it. My screen flashes once, then the 2nd time it loads it up. Did you install everything that came with the demo?

Edited by peaves, 14 June 2005 - 02:06 PM.

MadTXn

MadTXn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes i did i use the new driver it came with and it didnt work so i uninstalled the game and the dirvers and i reinstalled the game without the driver and still didnt work

Edited by MadTXn, 18 June 2005 - 01:55 PM.

Sickidd

Sickidd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having the same problem someone help please :tazz:

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
The problem is you don't meet the system requirements. You have a Ti 4600 which came out before the 5700. Buy a 6600gt it's an excellent card for only 160$. If you don't have 160$ start selling Lemonade.

PS. I know I PHUKIN sux...Hopefully Dice will patch the game, although I hate to say it but your 4600's days are numbered

MadTXn

MadTXn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah i got a nvidia 6800 gt oc but my bro was just wondering y it wouldnt work

darkkammic

darkkammic

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Unfortunately BF2 does not support any card in the Nvidia family lower than a FX 5200. Though a 6600 is a great card, save yourself $ and buy a 5700. Equal gameplay for less $.

dk

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Unfortunately BF2 does not support any card in the Nvidia family lower than a FX 5200.  Though a 6600 is a great card, save yourself $ and buy a 5700.  Equal gameplay for less $.

dk

View Post

Yea....good point 5700 is pretty good. Just you won't get Pixel Shader 3