Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satellite charging issues

• Please log in to reply

Chainsaw64

Chainsaw64

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I've been having a problem with my Toshiba satellite laptop charger and happens that fro one day to another the charger stops working, when battery is on it won charge, battery out it won't turn on, the only sign i have is that when i have my laptop powered down and with battery on orange charging light starts blinking in a pattern of 2 seconds off and 1 second on repeating itself for i don't know how long.

Had this issue before and it solved it for itself, but it happened again, the way i had it fixed before is that i too it to a technician tested the charger and when he tested it it worked perfectly, worked fine for some month until like 3 weeks ago.

I stopped using it completely for about a week and the it started working and then i disconnect it and when i come back after a couple f hours it won't work and show the same symptoms i said before.

(and I've already tred getting everything out and holding the power button down for time, worked once, unplugged went to eat and suddenly it won't work then i tried it again and it wouldn't work)

So any help that allows me to fix this problem without the need of buying another charger (others do work but technicians here think themselves of gods and try to steal me with stupidly high prices) would be much appreciated.

anything is very much appreciated 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   Chainsaw64,

The flashing LEDs suggest that some form of current is getting through but obviously not enough to power the notebook, this could possibly be related to a faulty DC port, over time the jack can come loose from the MB or the centre pin in the port can become bent or pushed in, see the picture below, is the DC loose or the pin loose or pushed in.

So any help that allows me to fix this problem without the need of buying another charger (others do work but technicians here think themselves of gods and try to steal me with stupidly high prices) 

Unfortunately if the charger itself is defective the only answer is to replace it Im afraid, bad that you have the need to mistrust your local techs btw  :(

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.