Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build for 650$

• Please log in to reply

harsha008

harsha008

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I want to Build a new PC for my gaming.But here are my views about how the build should be

1)Already have 4x1 TB HDD, Monitor,Keyboard,Mouse,DVD Writer

CPU-I already had really bad experience with my fx-6100 series.So i must say i would prefer intel over AMD.Im not heavy gamer but i really want my games to run smoother without any hiccups.Im never gonna over clock it for sure

SSD- Plan on taking SSD 120/240 gb for better Experience for gaming.

MOBO-It should Support my SSD with USB 3.0, Min of 6 sata ports (Due to more HDDs),No Internal Grpahics needed on MOBO,4 ram Slots.Overall it should compliment CPU the best way.

Ram- I think 8gb RAM is more than enough for me.i even thought of one.Here is the link

I think there are rams with different frequencies.So does taking a higher frequency ram effects the performance or is it negligible.Other ram 

Cabinet- I even came up with Cabinte myself

GPU- As i said Earlier Im not a heavy gamer but im gonna use it alteast for 3 years before upgrading iy.Simply saying that it should be able to handle the next forecoming games also

PSU- NO idea what to take and How many watts is needed for all this to handle.

OS- Im not gonna buy OS but suggest the best Platform to play and which OS and bit should i install

Please suggest so that all the components compliment each other and give out max ouput to play pc games at meduim settings

thats it

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   harsha008,

I couldn't quite keep the budget below $650 but if you have a DVD drive that you can reuse with the build that will reduce the cost to nearer your budget, can't get any closer to $650 without compromising performance, edited parts list here

OS- Im not gonna buy OS but suggest the best Platform to play and which OS and bit should i install

Not sure what you mean by the above but Windows 7 or 8/8.1 64-bit for the OS, if you choose a free OS such as Linux it will massively reduce what games will run on the computer.

Edit; Not sure what happened there but the price has suddenly increased, back to the drawing board and will post back soon with an edited parts list.

Edited by phillpower2, 12 July 2015 - 07:26 AM.
As above edit

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

If you are within a reasonable distance to one of these stores, or have a friend who is? store pickup may reduce the cost of some parts. 

http://www.microcent...es/default.aspx