Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visio 2000 error

• Please log in to reply

Manic Miner

Manic Miner

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm creating a timeline in Visio 2000. When I add a new shape from the Timeline shapes I get the error message "Unexpected roor; quitting". However it allows the shape to be added and the same error message will appear when I try to Configure Interval from the right-click options.
Any ideas?

Advertisements

bbg

bbg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi manic miner,

do you have a solution for this one?... i am encountering exactly the same as you describe. tks

this might be the solution....?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267253

Edited by bbg, 30 July 2008 - 06:46 AM.

anallyst

anallyst

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Visio 2000 produziert eine Fehlermeldung ("Unerwarteter Fehler. Anwendung wird beendet", wenn über Datei, Neu, Projektplan, Zeitplan ein neuer Zeitplan erstellt wird und anschliessend eine Zeitleiste auf das Dokument gezogen wird.

Der Fehler kann behoben werden, wenn dieses Prozedere einmal als Administrator durchgeführt wird.
Dabei muss intern eine benötigte ActiveX DLL beim regsvr32 registriert werden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can solve this issue by starting Visio under an administrative account, then execute the steps (new time plan, drop timeline)