Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intermittent Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

stanulg1952

stanulg1952

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hi everybody :

I'm having a problem with intermittent internet connection.  Every once in a while I'll get the  "Page Can't Be Displayed"  error.    This has been going on for a month-and-a-half.  I contacted my ISP, they check the line.  Said they didn't find any problems.    Had an ISP Tech come to my home to check it....checked out okay.    I did a scan on my System using Norton.  Didn't find anything.  Ran Anti-Malware software.  If found one  PUP virus.  Deleted it from my System.    But, the internet problem still continues.   Until I get another subscription to the Geek Squad,  I have to pressure my ISP into seeking a solution.   So far, after all this time,  they can't figure out what could be the problem. (Thinking about switching to another ISP).  If they're this inept, they're not worth keeping.   I'm not sure what to check myself.      I wonder if it could be because of my room-mate being online (at the same time)  that could be causing the problem.   Thinking about the possibility of  getting a second MODEM, and have someone (more knowledgeable) hook it up and  "bridge"  it to  my current MODEM.

I've got an ATT NetGear B90-7550-15 ADSL 2+ Router (which accepts wired and wireless hardware)

My System :  Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

stanulg1952

Edited by phillpower2, 22 July 2015 - 02:21 PM.
Removed email address for security.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

stanulg1952,

Never stated which browser, IE or any browser ? Seems if tested by ISP at house and over phone, most likely have a connection to network. Any other PC ,Laptops using this router,if so how are they ? Does Icon on bottom right show connectivity ? Can right click icon and select Troubleshoot. Look through some solutions found here, if IE try resetting steps first in articles.With other browsers can try resetting them also, sounds as proxy issue as articles state.

https://support.micr...n-us/kb/2551554

https://support.micr...en-us/kb/956196

Edited by jds63, 22 July 2015 - 01:59 PM.