Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with Microsoft Outlook email and keep getting a message prompt

• Please log in to reply

betsym

betsym

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

We had a storm a few days ago and right after, when I started my computer and launched my email, Microsoft Outlook, I kept getting an error message prompting for the network password. My emails would neither send or receive. I hadn't done anything to change the password or anything. I called Mediacom, my internet service provider, and had them change my password but that didn't work either. Also, immediately upon launching my email I also get a message saying, "Microsoft Office  identified a potential security  concern: C:/program files (x86) Microsoft office/office14/ONBHNOL.dll. This application add-in has been disabled." Can anybody help me with this issue?

Edited by betsym, 30 July 2015 - 02:50 AM.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

The solution from Microsoft,

Here's the solution:
Open Outlook, go to File/Options/Trust Center, click "trust Center Settings...", go to "Macro Settings" and uncheck "Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins".

Regards 

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I did exactly what you said to do but I still keep getting a pop-up prompting for the network password! I even emptied out my inbox completely to make sure that too many emails weren't the problem. Is there anything else to try and resolve the email issue? It did fix the problem with the add-in, just not the password issue.

Edited by betsym, 02 August 2015 - 09:09 AM.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

I would suggest to try the following methods:

Methods A:

1.       Close all to the Office programs
2.       Go to the location “C:/program files (x86) Microsoft office/office14/ONBHNOL.dll”
3.       Rename the file “ONBHNOL.DLL” as “ONBHNOL.DLL.OLD”
4.       Start Office component such as Microsoft Excel, Windows Install notification popup and start installing Office 2014.
5.       After complete installing, Excel will be opened.

Methods B:

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.
  2. Click Programs and Features.
  3. Click the Office 2014 program that you want to repair, then click Change.
  4. Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

Edited by Dashing star, 02 August 2015 - 11:47 PM.