Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a recommendation for a new graphics card

• Please log in to reply

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Hello,.

I will probably need to replace my G-card, an ASUS EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 (PCI-E). Got a pretty decent gaming computer, and I'd like to get something on par with or a little better than my old card.

I need recommendations. Will probably go with ASUS again.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello S.O.A.D.A.,

Before suggesting any graphics card upgrade we need some information on your present hardware (any intended use other than gaming)  your maximum budget and the country in which you will make the purchase.

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Hello,

Mobo is GA-990FXA-UD3 (AM3+ socket)

CPU:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

XMS3 — 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit in dual-channel (Corsair).

PSU: Seasonic 620GM Active PFC F3

3 WD harddrives, and LG DVD/Burner

Box: Cooler Master HAF 922

I use it for work (mostly openOffice and browser) and for gaming, and I generally enjoy having a powerful computer.

My budget - around $250, I wuill prolly be buying it in my country (Israel).

Thanks,

Daniel.

Edited by S.O.A.D.A., 30 July 2015 - 01:02 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

The budget and the output of the present PSU are limiting factors I'm afraid  :(

Two cards that would I would deem appropriate are the R9 290 and the GTX 970 but unfortunately a suitable R9 requires a more powerful PSU than you have and the GTX 970 exceeds your budget.

1: ASUS GTX 970. over budget but would not require a PSU upgrade, I would suggest saving the additional funds for this card.

2: MSI Radeon R9 290 GAMING requires a minimum 750W PSU with 42 amps on the +12V rail.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you S.O.A.D.A, do you still require assistance, an update would be appreciated.