Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone explain this total breach of security

security illegal files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

stillalive47

stillalive47

• Pip
  • 2 posts

This might be a bit unusual for the experts, but this is what is happening to my 2010 HP laptop. I am about to find a publisher for an expose' I am writing about police. About a month ago I picked up my laptop and it felt pounds heavier. I opened up everything I could open with a small screw driver and took out the battery. When I put the batery back in, the body just sucked it back in, like a magnet. It has never done that before. They are getting information from my computer, that I know for sure, they have access to my manuscript. Is it possible to access files without my computer connected to the internet? If so, how do I make it stop?

I know they have the access number for wifi at Charter Communication coming into my house.

Advertisements

stillalive47

stillalive47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sixty eight views and not one of you can even comment...SCARED?

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts

I have had a laptop battery go into place easily, so that it seems like it was sucked in.  I am not saying you don't have a problem, but this is not the correct forum to ask for help with this kind of issue.

If you think you have spyware issues, please follow the instructions here

I am closing this thread