Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Base Score

• Please log in to reply

Robinb956

Robinb956

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Greetings! ... So i Just finished Reinstalling Windows 7 Ultimate & Base Score Is Now At 1.0 Which Was Before At 5.1 ... So What i'd Like To Know Is How Can i Increase It Back To 5.1? ...

NOTE: Don't Know a Thing About Computers So Please Try To Answer In "ENGLISH" ...

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I expect it wants a video driver and perhaps some other files like the chipset utilities.  What make and model PC is this?  Is there a separate video card?  Did you reinstall from a Windows DVD or from the factory restore option

eles

eles

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Hi Robinb956

Gee, if you don't know a thing about computers, how did you reinstall windows?  -  just a joke

If you did a repair install, it saved your settings, drivers and everything else pecular to your computer.

If you did a 'clean reinstall', you are starting over fresh from scratch..

The Windows Experience Index measures performance characteristics and capabilities of the hardware your computer is running on.

The Index enables users to match their computer hardware performance with the performance requirements of software.

The basescore is equal to the lowest of the subscores.

Unless you are a gamer, you would probably only notice a difference if you had Aero effects turned on for your display.

Aero requires a WEI score of 3 or higher to be enabled.

Microsoft is usually pretty good about giving you information about what the problem might be.

If you look on the right side of the center blue section of the screen. you will find 2 of the scores highlighted.
The scores for Graphics and for Gaming Graphics are both 1.0.

RKinner is probably right.

You can also get some ideas about fixing it by clicking on the What Do These Numbers Mean button and Tips For Improving just below that.

The WEI number is not an end in itself. It's good as a tool if hardware is not working properly.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

As already asked, do you have all of the drivers installed?

Go to start

right click on computer to open up another drop down menu

click on manage

click on device manager in the upper left.

Are there any unidentified items?

Are there any ? or !

eles

eles

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Hi Robinb956

I apologize for my post. I later realized I had snowed you with a lot of words about your problem and never addressed how to correct it.

The last post is good.

Here is another way.

These instructions are for Windows 7 Home Premium - I'm not sure Ultimate is the same.

click Start
click Control panel
click Device Manager
expand Display Adapters (should be a triangle to the left of the name)
double click your adapter
(for example, mine was called Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family)
click the Driver tab
click on Update Driver
click on Search automatically for updated driver software
I don't remember where it goes from there because mine is up to date.

Please let us know what happens.
Thank you

Edited by Eles, 08 August 2015 - 12:23 PM.