Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Mail not sending e-mails

Live Mail

• Please log in to reply

chrisg6152

chrisg6152

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Hi 

I am having a strange problem with Windows Live Mail - I can receive e-mails but cannot send (unless I forward from Sent folder).

The problem has just started recently and is confusing the heck out of me. 

If I create a new e-mail in WLM and press the 'Send' button the e-mail transfers from the Outbox to the Sent folder as if all has gone ok. But the e-mail is not sent. No error messages are created.

If I then go to the 'Sent' items folder and 'forward' the e-mail, it gets delivered. I have checked all the settings provided by my e-mail provider (Talk Talk) and all seems to be ok.

Has anybody come across this particular problem before??

I have been searching online for possible solutions but cannot find anything that relates to this particular issue.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 8.1 in conjunction with Avast Anti Virus.

Chris G

Advertisements