Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SAM + Virtual Audio Cable predicament

• Please log in to reply

BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi folks,

I haven't got much cash, but I'd like to throw a few quid to anyone who can help me.

I broadcast on SHOUTcast with SAM Broadcaster. I have guests and regulars who call in via Skype, so I have Virtual Audio Cables to route things allowing me to hear them and for my mic and Skype audio to go into SAM's input. That works 95% of the time. I sometimes wished the output of SAM could go into the Skype input so the caller could hear any music that might be playing, but it never bothered me. Now I'm starting to use sound effects from within SAM. It's important that if the listener hears it, we should all hear it.

So I've created a 4th virtual line, but my predicament comes in when my microphone ends up being looped around to my computer's output.

For the visually inclined/gifted, I've made a diagram

VlEPurH.png

CABLES

Line 2 --> Line 1

Microphone --> Line 1

Line 2 --> Speakers

Microphone --> Line 4

Line 4 --> Speakers

SAM

Input --> Line 1

Output --> Line 4

Input --> Line 4

Output --> Line 2

Thanks guys!

Edited by BlackFrancis, 12 August 2015 - 02:05 AM.

Advertisements