Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repair of priv1.edb Exchange 2003 eseutil

exchange

Best Answer JosephSherman , 18 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

Are you using backup exec 9.1 by any chance? There seems to be a problem (incompatibility) with win2k3 sp1 and BE9.1 - even the microsoft emphatically deny it. I got around my errors in BE9.1 by no... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

ReinerWetzel

ReinerWetzel

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Exchange Server Standard 2003 Sp-1 - running on a Windows 2003 Server Standard for some time now I have been getting errors trying to backup the information store.... 
This is what gets reported to Veritas log file... 
Access denied to database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE).
WARNING: "\\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
Access denied to database Public Folder Store (EXCHANGE).
WARNING: "\\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (EXCHANGE)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
Log Files
The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Please check for network errors.
A timeout occurred waiting for completion of media server data processing.

I am getting ready to do an offline backup of the \mdbdata folder.  I have done this several times lately and have had to dismount the information store, and stop the ME Information Store service to unlock all the files for copying.
If the repair does not work, I am under the impression that I will be able to copy the \mdbdata folder from the backup and be back where I started.
Question 1
Am I correct about using the backup, if needed, to restore the present data and functionality I currently have after running the eseutil /p ?
Question 2
In addition to dismounting the mailbox store, do I need to stop the ME Information Store service before running the eseutil /p command.
Question 3
I only have 10g available on the drive where the priv1.edb and .stm files are located.  I used another local drive for the temp files when I ran the eseutil /d. Here is the syntax for the repair I will be running.  Would you check it out.
D:\Program Files\ExchSrvr\Bin> eseutil /p D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mdbdata\priv1.edb /tG:\x\temprepair.edb
Do I need to use any or all of the other options, /i   -   /g   -  /createstm
Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

JosephSherman

JosephSherman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
✓  Best Answer

Are you using backup exec 9.1 by any chance?
There seems to be a problem (incompatibility) with win2k3 sp1 and BE9.1 - even the microsoft emphatically deny it.
I got around my errors in BE9.1 by not using the Volume Shadow Copy service
Just a thought. See if the following article would help:

https://social.techn...vrgenerallegacy

Edited by JosephSherman, 18 August 2015 - 06:23 AM.

ReinerWetzel

ReinerWetzel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much! The issue has been resolved.)