Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I GOT HACKED HELP PLEASE ! [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chris22121

chris22121

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i was using my computer eariler today may have downloaded a virus that my anti virus did not pick up , everything has been fine until a few hours later or so then out of nowhere my pc started  run sluggish for about 20 seconds getting slower every 5 seconds or , after that has happend i get a black screen so i try to conntrol alt delete , FAIL!. i restarted my pc , and tried to run safe mode , FAIL!, bios now password protected and i cannot log into any of my accounts the gues account is deleted and my admin account has had a password change.

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Hi Chris,

I need some more data and answers.

How do you know that your accounts have been amended if your BIOS is password protected? That means you are able to boot at all and at least access Windows (even without logging in).

If so, safe mode should be also accessible for you. What effect do you get when trying to press F8 button at startup?

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Due to the lack of feedback this topic has been closed.

If you are the topic starter and wish to continue, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everybody else please start a new thread.