Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document? Re

Best Answer lizanolse3 , 26 August 2015 - 05:46 PM

We are really sorry to hear about the trouble. In the error message "Error loading C:\CSIDL~2\WINZIP\WZCKTREE.DLL." Note the path "CSIDL~2". That is a very strange path. This is from an incompatibi... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

lightholy242

lightholy242

• Pip
  • 2 posts

AI am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document. I attach correspondence with WinZip. Can you help, please? Thanks Ayush, I cannot even drag the file to the desktop! I will contact Microsoft help. Thanks again for your assistance.

Read more: I am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document? - AI am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document. I attach correspondence with WinZip. Can you help, please? Thanks Ayush, I cannot even drag the file to the desktop! I will contact Microsoft help. Thanks again for your assistance.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello lightholy242  :welcome:

You paste twice the same thing and i can't understand it, can you please explain us what is the issue and what help you need here?

lizanolse3

lizanolse3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
✓  Best Answer

We are really sorry to hear about the trouble. In the error message "Error loading C:\CSIDL~2\WINZIP\WZCKTREE.DLL." Note the path "CSIDL~2". That is a very strange path. This is from an incompatibility between Office 2010 programs (like Outlook and Word) and WinZip 15 when you attempt to open a zip file from the Office programs. The cause seems to be a Microsoft Office bug with their "on demand" or "click to run" installation. The workaround is to drag the zip file to the desktop and then open the zip file. see here : https://www.reddit.c...files_embedded/