Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech mouse no longer working

• Please log in to reply

d3atht0us

d3atht0us

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've had my logitech m215 wireless optical with nano usb receiver mouse for about 8 years, through other drink spills and many other stuff like dropping it I never had the problem i have now.  yesterday i spilled some coke and some got on my mouse which is not a first for me.  since the spill i didn't have any problems for a few hours after taking it apart and cleaning it and also cleaning my keyboard since some got on it as well. my mouse randomly doesn't detect my movements, and also has a random delayed clicking while unable to read my movements and the scroll wheel still works. right now i have it taken apart motherboard unscrewed,as i always did when cleaning it to clean underneath it, sitting covered in a bowl of rice to dry up any possible liquid i missed. its not my usb port as i have a different mouse i borrowed in it right now working fine.  It's not the old age causing it to not work since it worked perfectly fine before the spill and i checked all the drivers but none were outdated, and i dont see why the clicks and scroll wheel work in small delay when the laser stops detecting movements but still glows like normal.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Having so many spills an drops the mouse may have finally succumbed and being 8 years old, the most logical thing to do is replace it.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello d3atht0us  :welcome:

Use it with another pc to make sure it is good! Otherwise it is hardware issue which you have to change new mouse!

fakhar50

fakhar50

• Pip
  • 7 posts

update driver or replace it by

http://www.learnperf...output-devices/