Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

why wont anyone help me [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ross_s_cfc

ross_s_cfc

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
where to start ? well basically i purchased AVG installed it tried to open it and got a windows cannot find message , i was still able to scan with AVG although i could not open the program from my desktop i found in all 9 virus's mostly trojan backdoor virus's removed them and immediatly after this any program i have attempted to open has displayed a windows cannot find message . i cant even open msconfig , or command prompt . i assume that the problem lies with any one of a number of malwares which hook the registery to call themselves first. how do i erradicate this extremely agonising problem please help me someone

Advertisements

ross_s_cfc

ross_s_cfc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I removed several virus's from my computer mainly trojan or backdoor virus's or malware. basically What probably happened was the they ran something like Pretty Park or
Navidad or Subseven or, well you get the idea, any one of a number of
malwares which hook the registery to call themselves first. therefore i am unable to open any programs such as windows media ,command prompt,or msconfig as the virus would normally run concurrent with the programs ,now with the virus not being there windows is unable to find the programs

I have no idea how to overide this action also i am unable to download anything online as apparently my settings do not allow this

i am how ever able to run command prompt in safe mode so can anyone help me here

ross_s_cfc

ross_s_cfc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
i made a post about a week ago regarding the trouble i have however no one has taken time to reply to my post so i tried again to explain my post in a shorter form yet still no luck please help me as im getting stressed out with my problem , u will be able to find my posts in . MY posts as i have only posted 2 times this bwing the third ,

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi ross,

Welcome to Geeks to Go !!!!

I have seen your earlier posts also.

We do not have any concrete information on your PC, or the viruses effecting it.

Please visit - http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Read the topic carefully and follow all instructions.

We can only help you thereafter

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.