Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop part burnt after plugging wrong voltage.

Laptop part burnt.

• Please log in to reply

macoronas

macoronas

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, I plugged my laptop to the wrong voltage 21 V instead of 17 V and I fried something because of the smell. I plugged the adapter later & the lights fashed & there was no power on the laptop, I already replaced the motherboard but I get the flashing lihgts & no power too. What else can I do?

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello macoronas :welcome: 

You replaced the Motherboard, did you notice any of the part get burned there in old motherboard?

Did you change the new charger?

macoronas

macoronas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for your reply. Yes the motherboard has a part burnt  Now I have a new one installed but the laptop will not turn on. I tried the charger in a different laptop & it works.

macoronas

macoronas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Did I burn the battery too?

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

If you use your old battery inside your laptop, remove it and use direct AC power adapter and try to start your laptop.

TIP: To receive notification regarding this topic, please follow this topic in the top most right corner of this page.

Regards  :)