Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msmb32.dll and so... HELP!

• Please log in to reply

jotajota

jotajota

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

I have never been so compromised like now, so I don't really know what I must do. I have a XP OS, without SPs, and with Norton Antivirus 2005 updated. I have got as well the Winpatrol running, and the Adaware. Until now I had not had hard problems. I could stop pop-ups, trials of changing my initial page in my browser (IE 6.0), and that kind of things.

But I have found several problems in these past days with what I thought was a simple spyware, but I cannot get rid of it. I guess, through other threads I have senn, that I should post a log to help you understand what I have. I have tried to run the log in the Norton but it cannot run, with a message that says so. What I must to do to give more information?

By the moment, I can post the name of several applications that have been detected by the Winpatrol, but it has not been able to remove them, neither de Norton, so I have been manually deleting them, with the effect of new applications appearing a moment after.

These are:

addse
apimb32
apisy
cray32
crfo
cruo32
iedg32
ipgb32
javanr32
mfcrz
mfcwp32
msdf32
netjx

Moreover, I have found an IE Helper, msmb32.dll, suspicious that may mean something for somebody expert in this matter.

I would thank very much a first guide to start to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance! :tazz:

Advertisements

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Check
Here
and make sure to start a new thread where and when it tells you.

-SkyHi

Edited by SkyHi, 14 June 2005 - 06:08 PM.