Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CleanUp! Warning

• Please log in to reply

falloutboy

falloutboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm trying to get rid of that annoying aurora popup thing that everybody seems to have and so I started with the sticky titled 'You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Required steps before posting your log.'

So I went and downloaded CleanUp! and installed it.

I clicked the button to start the clean up process and left my computer for a couple minutes.

When I returned it reported to me that it had cleared out more than 80Gigs of space. I was like "what?" I mean my computer is messy, but not that bad...

So anyway - I came to find out that CleanUp must consider anything in a folder titled temp as something that it can just go ahead and wack. Unfortunately for me and anybody else who doesn't know this, I store all my new downloads in c:\temp\ till I get a chance to burn them to DVD or CD.

So anywho - I think that a note of warning would most definately be in order on that thread - I'm no newb to computers, and perhaps I could have been a bit more careful, but I certainly didn't expect a recommended program to be so irresponsible with my data.

Now to try and remember all the stuff I just lost so I can go download it again. :tazz:

Edited by falloutboy, 14 June 2005 - 08:49 PM.

Advertisements

falloutboy

falloutboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump

falloutboy

falloutboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts