Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Images on Yahoo.com not loading?

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

So for some reason (and I think it seems to be exclusively on Yahoo.com) none of the images seem to load.  They're all errored and blank.  I'm using Version 45.0.2454.85 m of Google Chrome, and it's all up to date.  Here's an image of what I mean.....Ag8zrJo.jpg

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello GhostLoad,

I suggest you to read this--> Images don't load on Yahoo

Hope this helps.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Thanks for your reply, Dashing star.  I tried everything and eventually got it to work.  Apparently my switch from Adblock to Adblock Plus somehow messed up all the images on pretty much only Yahoo.com

I disabled it and re-enabled it, and upon which the page now loads fine.  Thanks again for your help, I really should've known though.  Now I feel dumb lol >.<

EDIT:  Scratch that, it went right back to no images, even with Adblock Plus disabled.  I even uninstalled Adblock Plus, and it's still messed up.  Now I'm confused as to how i worked fine for a few minutes then back no pictures.....

Edited by GhostLoad, 07 September 2015 - 02:19 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Next
Reset your Chrome browser
1.In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
2.Select Settings.
3.At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
4.Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
5.In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Resetting your browser settings will reset the unwanted changes caused by installing other programs. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be cleared or changed.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

If I reset everything, will it clear my history etct?   :(

Edited by GhostLoad, 07 September 2015 - 03:07 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be cleared or changed.

Reset Chrome as indicated below,
1.In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
2.Select Settings.
3.At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
4.Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
5.In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Just finished doing all that, and the page still is messed up with no images.  I'm not sure if this information is helpful, but (I don't know if you're familiar with using Yahoo's page) they normally have approx. 50 articles on a horizontal scrolling bar that shows 5 at a time.  The first 5 are missing their images, but if I let it scroll to the right or click it myself, the other 45 articles all have their pics.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I am familiar with the yahoo page

How does the page look in another browser to you ?

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

It looked the exact same in Firefox, and actually I just closed Chrome and opened it back up, checking on Yahoo again and now it seems to be fixed?  It was fixed before for a few minutes after disabling Adblock Plus so I'm semi-skeptical at the moment.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I'm fully skeptical, so let it run and see how it goes.

Advertisements

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Yep I'll do just that, and let you know how it looks about this time tomorrow.  Thanks for your help so far.  :)

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Well, it's a good thing we were skeptical about this.  It was all fine yesterday but once I got home today and booted up my PC, the pictures are once again gone on Yahoo.  What the [bleep] is going on.  :(

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello

I'd go back to post # 2
And read the rest of Dashing stars link that was provided.

Thanks
Joe

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

But I already did all those things in post no.2

And now, making even less sense, as I check Yahoo before bed all the images have loaded fine.  What the [bleep] is going on........

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Perhaps its an internet connection issue. Turn the router off / on next time it occurs. You did indicate that the problem occurs in Two browsers so that sort of alleviates a browser issue, that leaves possible Internet issue or firewall, the fact that the problem is intermittent points more to some connection possible issue, I'm making educated guesses here.

Also

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and click on Begin Test

When the Test finishes click on Share This Result and then select Forum then Copy then move to a reply and Ctrl + v