Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot get my year of birth off my facebook timeline!

• Please log in to reply

foucault1

foucault1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Title says it all lol, and i created an account especially for this query.

I've googled relentlessly and tried everything to resolve this but the year just won't disappear and i find that incredibly annoying. Unfortunately facebook has no support to my knowledge that i can contact. 

I've followed all the steps shown on other sites yet had no luck, the year is still there even though there is no "story" attached to it when you click on it. I'm out of ideas. Anyone else got any? 

Cheers, 

Foucault 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I think you should try looking at your facebook page with a browser that is not signed in to facebook to see what the general public sees. And then from a friends browser.  On my About page under Contact and Basic Info there is an entry for Birth Year but if I click on it there is a lock and if I click on the lock it says Only Me.  If I click on Edit then click on the down arrow next to the lock for the year I could change it from Only Me to Friends or Public or Custom.  If you do not have the lock then use the down arrow to Edit it to Only Me.

Jame Griffin

Jame Griffin

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

You can't delete it..But you can see it's visibility to 'only me' :)